Friday, October 2, 2009

Good job, self

First, quite random thought: if I'm referring to myself as "self," it needs to be lower case to distinguish it from any babbling I may end up doing about KU basketball, as their head coach is Bill Self - he would get the capitalized version.

Second thought: I started this blog with the intention of writing in it. So far, that has led to one post and this bit of brain dribbling now. The last few days have been busier than usual, but I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten back to this before today. I'm going to try and make more of an effort to post at least every other day - it really shouldn't be too difficult to find 15-30 minutes to bang something out, right? It's not like I'm working on my dissertation or anything.

Third thought: I may need to find some smileys. I've gotten so used to smileys from forum life that I find myself almost disappointed when I can't use them as sentence punctuation.


I've decided that in lieu of dissertation work, I'm going to spend November trying out my first-ever NaNoWriMo. I've got an idea I've been playing with for months, but which has very little in the way of actual writing. So I'll start writing it and see what happens. I wonder if anyone ever does much with the writing after they've finished.

Maybe I'll post more while stalking the BPAL update. I'm taking off to go see Zombieland right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment