Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Woe

It's one of those days where I've spent the vast majority of it staring listlessly at my computer trying to get myself to do something that someone else would deem productive and have gotten nowhere.  I'm waiting for another 45 minutes until I can leave to go do a Zumba class all the way across town with Brownie's mom and aunt.  I hate exercising that late - it throws off my schedule and pretty much guarantees that I'll be up until 3am.  Joy.

I sent Brownie my resume such as it is at the moment in hopes that he'll have some suggestions.  I've only managed to come up with four bullet points of what my job as a teacher entails, which doesn't seem like enough for something I've been doing for 6 years - essentially for the job that is the backbone of my resume.  I can't decide if I think I need to try and break things up more (i.e., am I squeezing too much info into each line) or if I'm forgetting things that seem so obvious to me that I'm forgetting to write them down or what.  Part of me is wondering what the hell I think I'm doing trying to get out of academics anyway, wondering who is going to want me when there are people out there with more applicable experience who don't have jobs and who will be fighting for the same jobs I'll be fighting for.  The doubt spiral needs to stop because it's led to immobilization and too much pixel farming, but I'm stuck today.

No comments:

Post a Comment