Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Is it Spring yet?

I really, really, really should get off my ass and stop playing Jungle Jewels on facebook (maybe I should play farmville? I think it would be more social somehow) and go read the stuff for class tomorrow. I'm not particularly worried about class tomorrow in that I'm teaching the first half of "the Dead" (YAY JOYCE! says the lit geek, fully aware that my class will hate it), and I've pretty much got it memorized. Ergo I've been having a hard time convincing myself to reread it and will probably just hunt through it some tomorrow during my tutoring hours so that I know exactly where I'll be pointing the discussion.

Silly thing of the night: I'm sitting on the futon and fart a little bit. Right as I'm doing so, Nunkin jumps up on my lap. I tell her what I've just done. She cocks her head at me, turns in a circle and sits next to me, about two feet away. About a minute later, she comes and curls up on my lap. I swear cats understand us.

I've been sitting here trying to write on this blog and telling myself that as I write, something about which to write will magically appear in my brain. It often does. Right now, however, it's not happening, and all I can think about is my horoscope for the day, which told me I was going to be oversensitive and whiny. This has been entirely true for the day (erm, for this whole blog - like all of it, not just this post), but I had to laugh about the horoscope because as true as it is, I just can't picture a random planetary configuration causing all of this. Mostly I do think it's the SAD hitting as per usual. I am trying to remember to take vitamin D to see if that helps. Who knows - it might really do something if I can manage to remember to take it daily. If nothing else, I'm hoping for a placebo effect, which I figure would work as well as anything else on winter blahs.

Goal for tomorrow: get something - anything! - done. ANYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment